Monday, October 07, 2013

Painting and Tuck Pointing

The painting started at the end of last week and this is just the undercoat but I love it. It's made such a huge difference (compared to the unfinished wood/robes/mantles - like in this and this picture). Since I took these pictures I've seen some of the rooms finished and they look fantastic. It's been amazing to see what a difference the tuck pointing makes too. Nick was always keen to get the tuck pointing done but I was a bit sceptical (mostly because of the eye-watering cost) but it looks so good. Apparently people stop in front of the house every day asking about it. Can't wait to see it finished. 

The front door has never been painted - I love how the lead-lighting looks against the white. 

The arch (have I posted enough pictures of the arch yet?)

Robes and mantel - suddenly looking like they are meant to be in the room. 


Tuck pointing - the far left side under the verandah. I particularly love how the yellow bricks come up.

Above the windows - before (right) and after (left)